Friday, August 1, 2014

Knees Up!

To be honest, today's blog is going to be a bit quick and rubbish because I'm preparing to hit the Knee Deep Festival for the second consecutive year (I'll be playing the drums for Scriber, just one of the many brilliant people mentioned on my new 'Friends of This Blog' page).

I must admit that I'm not especially familiar with any of the artists playing at Knee Deep this year (even Patrick Wolf, whom I now deeply regret ignoring for all these years), so in lieu of a proper festival preview, here are ten songs that mention 'knees':

1. Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
"Consider this, the slip, that brought me to my knees"

2. 3rd Planet by Modest Mouse
"Your hands and knees felt cold and wet on the grass"

3. My Backwards Walk by Frightened Rabbit
"You're the shit and I'm knee-deep in it"

4. Venus in Furs by The Velvet Underground
"Severin, Severin, speak so slightly, Severin, down on your bended knee"

5. Volcano by Damien Rice
"Don't hold yourself like that, 'cause you'll hurt your knees"

6. I'll Believe in Anything by Wolf Parade
"I could take away the shaking knees"

7. Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who
"I'll get on my knees and pray we don't get fooled again"

8. One Week by Barenaked Ladies
"I've still got the rug burns on both my knees"

9. The Calendar Hung Itself by Bright Eyes
"I was determined in Chicago, but I dug my teeth into my knees"

10. Let's Lynch the Landlord by Dead Kennedys
"There's rats chewin' up the kitchen, roaches up to my knees"

There'll be a proper blog about Knee Deep on Monday. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment